This is a passion project I have been working on for a little while, actually since 2015 -it’s interesting in terms of design and development so I thought I would share.
a) you have multiple bikes, your under saddle tool bag is in different states of “intactness” – it’s a hassle keeping up.
b) you lock your bike in a public place, you would rather have a tool roll in your bag or pocket to save the hassle of removing your under saddle every day to stop it being stolen.
c) It’s a style thing, you don’t like on the appearance of under saddle bike tool rolls, you like the feel of a lighter bike.
I started this project with no knowledge of sewing. My development method was to create, test, refine and recreate. I am currently on V7 of my pocket roll. Below you can see the stages of my development, the latest is the blue one, it’s turning out to be pretty successful.
Key Features of the Blue tool roll v7
- Large capacity! rolls very small, since the objects tesselate.
- Semi-transparent rip stop nylon – durable and you can see into the pockets for small items.
- Internal pocket configuration holds many different types/sizes of multi-tool.
- With credit card, the roll sits really nicely in a jersey pocket due to the flat credit card.
- Designed so tools / objects don’t fall out.
- Adjustable velcro.
- Future path to add straps so it could be attached under saddle.
- Pedros tyre lever
- Traditional patches and small glue
- Adhesive-less patches
- Money in bills or credit card
- Spare / master chain link
- Tyre boots
- valve extenders and spare vale
- Spoke wrench and valve core tool
- Multi-tool of many sizes
The Original Plan
Prototype & Development :-